Access to the Web Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to the Web Portal

I got my message today to hook up with the new Web Portal version of the Tax Book (replaces the CD version). I only spent about 30 minutes fooling around with it but it works nice and is quick. I was disappointed that I could not use the scroll button on my mouse to navigate the pages but maybe that could be an enhancement in the future.

MikeMac

Didn't get a message yet.

Comment

I got mine also, did a quick look, I also liked the way your could scroll pages on the old CD better. But I liked the easy access to the Index, this is much better. Also the search feature is for the whole book, not just the section you are in. This is for the 2009 tax laws, I wonder when the 2010 will be available? I like the way it looks, and works, simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Piglee View Post
        I wonder when the 2010 will be available?
        The web ad says the start ship date for the CD version is 12/30/2010. In the past, the WebCD ship date was always 1/15, so that means TheTaxLibrary CD version will be at least 15 days sooner than the WebCD was in the past. The online version will be even sooner than the CD version, so we may see the online version for tax year 2010 available sometime around mid-December.

Comment

does that mean we could be getting paper books sooner too?

Comment

No Email Yet

Well I have my confirmation for purchase of the CD, but still as of yet have not received any email about the Web Portal I feel left out!

How can I check on besides calling in?

Sandy

Comment

Sandy,

I think you need to call. As I understand it, everyone was suppose to have their emails by now telling them how to log in.

Comment

I called yesterday and people who ordered the portal should have received their e-mail. Those who ordered the CD should be getting 2 week trial info this week.

Comment

I found a bug. Searching for "homebuyer" in the 1040 and small business one hit was labeled "2-10 First time homebuyer credit", but clicking takes you to a page in the tax table.

Comment

I am finding the moving from page to page is very slow, is anyone else finding this a problem?
                    It could be because my internet is slow, But it is DSL.

I find that moving through the Web CD is SO MUCH FASTER.

Comment

Working...
                    X