Nstp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nstp

I received a brochure from NSTP (National Society of Tax Professionals) inviting me to
    join their organization. They issue 10 newsletters each year and 3 client newsletters and
    provide CPE. The membership fee is $120 per year. Has anyone had experience with this
    organization?
    Last edited by dyne; 10-20-2010, 07:16 AM. Reason: TYPO

This organization was initiated in 1985, back when NATP was still Natl Assn of Tax Preparers (since changed to Natl Assn of Tax Professionals) -- and as I recall, might have been organized from NATP members who had differences with the existing trade assn. It is still small in comparison, 6,000 members vs 20,000+, and appears to offer the same benefits but would have less lobbying clout. They do CPE, but can't find any info regarding a research service, which NATP offers.
    Last edited by Burke; 10-20-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I joined them about a year ago and really like the quality of their newsletters. I quit my membership to NSA since the issues they addressing are mostly out of my range. I don't feel the same way about NSTP. I must confess to being partial since it was Beanna Whitlock who really fascinated me with her spirit and knowledge, but she left NSTP soon after I joined.

Comment

me too

I joined because of Beanna Whitlock. She left the next year. I didn't renew. I never used their client newsletters.

I really didn't have any negative opinion of them. Just had to cut costs somewhere and decided that I didn't have a strong enough reason to stay a member.

Linda

Comment

Working...
        X