Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ptin And Cpe

WOW...........

Despite the availability of a new and improved PTIN registration system, NSA continues to recommend that members register for a PTIN as late in 2010 as possible, but prior to January 1, 2011. Why? Because the proposed Circular 230 regulations state that a PTIN “registration year” will run from the date of registration to the same date the following year. It is this period during which the required 15 hours of education must be taken but, as pointed out above, the proposed regulations state that only pre-approved courses qualify. No such approval process is currently in place. Consequently, registering for a PTIN in the latter part of December will eliminate the possibility that CPE taken in November and early December, while relevant, will not count for PTIN renewal purposes. Perhaps the final rules for Circular 230 will give some leeway, but why take a chance?
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Likewise NAEA

Bob thanks for your post

and likewise NAEA also recommends registering later than sooner, much for some of the same reasons you stated, but to also let IRS work out the "bugs" in the online PTIN Registration.

Now also, the renewal cycle for EA's this year - see prior thread's.

What a Mess!

Sandy

Comment

Some 50,000 have already registered/renewed for their PIN. Each one will have different CPE cut-off date. I have a feeling that IRS will correct this issue to better fit Seminar dates usually run during November and December. Isn't that fair? HA HA..........

By the way, 15 credits>>>>On what Pre-approved subject(s)? Is this different from our other CPE requirements?
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Cpe

I assume that the CPE problem only applies to unlicensed practitioners who have previously not been required to take CPE. CPAs will, I assume, still be required to take CPE at times required by the State Board for license maintenance.

Comment

Working...
        X