PTIN - SMETIN - Fr!@king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN - SMETIN - Fr!@king

So I keep trying ot sign up for my new official PTIN and all I keep getting an error - Now I have to go and call? Just to get my same old PTIN I've had for years! I always hated having my SS# on all those returns (already victim of ID theft). I mean - they can NEVER find or know where they put their copies... And now they tell me I don't know who I am? OMG - :

Error
    We were unable to authenticate your identity based on the information you provided. Please ensure that your name, social security number, date of birth, address and filing status all match your previous year’s U.S. individual income tax return and try again. IRS may be able to assist you with confirming the information from your previous year’s tax return (1-800-829-1040). If you continue to experience problems, please file a paper PTIN application, Form W-12.
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Originally posted by MAJ View Post
    please file a paper PTIN application, Form W-12.
    I mailed a W-12 on 23 Sept, and got a "Welcome Letter" e-mailed to me yesterday, same PTIN.

Comment

ptin

I gave up also mailed in the form Monday.I am the spouse on the return I am wondering if anyone has been able to register not being the top person on the 1040? I received both answers from the Hot line so I wonder which is correct.I checked over and over to make sure every thing was the same as on the 1040 but to no avail.I am an EA and also use e-services often so I know I am in the system.

Comment

I'm Waiting

I'm waiting until they get the bugs out. Never like being a beta tester for free.

Comment

Welcoming letter

Originally posted by BP. View Post
          I mailed a W-12 on 23 Sept, and got a "Welcome Letter" e-mailed to me yesterday, same PTIN.
          All I got was a post card acknowledgment.

Comment

Initially,

I put Mrs. in my first name. Wouldn't accept. I knew that was my error, so I deleted and smooth sailing from there. DON'T CHANGE A THING. Check some of your old correspondence from IRS and enter accordingly. This may help.

Peachie

Comment

PTIN Number

Filed on w-12 via snail mail on 23 Sept. Received E-Mail this day New number. now I have to remember 7 numbers instead the 4 I had before. Typical Govt Agency Non Sense. My new number is 01MillionXXXXXX.

Kurly

Comment

I mailed the W-12 and attached thereto a copy of the IRS letter which awarded me the original PTIN IN 1991. I just made certain that all the data on the IRS letter matched the data put on the W-12. It was smooth sailing from thereon. Got a fast response along with the same PTIN.

Comment

Working...
                X