NT / Lady came in to pay old invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Lady came in to pay old invoice

Never say never, I guess. Lady walks in and pays a $60 bill she has owed me since 2/03/05. I stopped sending invoices to her - OH, ABOUT 42 MONTHS AGO.

She just came in, plunked down three crisp twenties, smiled, and said, "I was driving by and thought I ought to pay you. So sorry about the delay. I've had a lot going on."

After I recovered from the surprise, I thanked her kindly.

She takes a few steps toward the door, turns around and says, "Can I get a receipt?"
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Reasons

Rita, not to be uncharitable to your client, but...

Is it possible she went to another preparer, who got sick and tired of billing her, then returned to you because maybe you were cheaper to begin with?

You never about some people. Except to say their image rarely matches their substance.

Comment

I think she became a DIYer

Well, I had not considered the possibility of her asking me to prepare her return again, but I guess we'll see along about 2/03/11, eh? Credit will not be extended.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

You could have said,
        "Preparing receipts is billable time - that'll be another $20.
        Do you also need a receipt for the $20? ".

And so on...
        Last edited by JohnH; 09-22-2010, 03:40 PM.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
        X