IRS Levies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Levies

I just got some advertising that wants me to learn how to stop IRS levies. The ad says:

• Nearly 10 million people owe the IRS money they can’t pay.
    • Another 10-12 million people haven’t even filed tax returns.
    • In 2009 alone, the IRS issued nearly 3.5 million wage and bank levies.

Excuse me for being heartless, cold, and blunt, but I am not in the business of helping people not pay their taxes. That ad tells me IRS isn’t doing enough to collect taxes due. I pay my taxes…why should I help others not pay theirs?

I will do an excellent job of preparing tax returns for taxpayers, and defending the returns I prepare before an IRS audit. I will NOT have anything to do with helping others who spent all their money buying big screen TVs and houses they can’t afford avoid paying tax on money they have already earned and spent.

Just venting…

Amen!

Amen !!!!!

Comment

Evaluate

The problem with not helping stop levies is that some of them are not legitimate.

Like Bees, I don't have sympathy for people who make big money and then lavish upon themselves without paying their taxes.

However, some 25-30% of these letters expressing "Intent to Levy" are situations where there is an ongoing reconciliation with the IRS and they are totally ignoring correspondence and not responding to well-documented taxpayer requests.

I have to evaluate the situation and (unfortunately) be judge and jury as to what degree I will go to rectify taxpayer problems. If I discover that someone really has made the money and spent it all, I become suspicious to deal with such a client, and will only do so with up-front money and total honesty.

If a guy won't pay his obligations, what makes you think he will pay YOU???

Comment

Amen

Originally posted by Snaggletoof View Post

If a guy won't pay his obligations, what makes you think he will pay YOU???
        Amen toof !!!!

Comment

Some good news

If it makes you feel any better, one of the biggest scammers, Ronnie Deutsch, in California is having some problems with a $34 million dollar suit from the State of California

Rick

Comment

I found Nina Olson's report to Congress very interesting. Collections and IRS ignorance to work with taxpayer who really make an effort to pay is part of this and how the IRS contributes to make taxpayers non-compliant.

Honest taxpayers in trouble need help and not ****ation. I just kinda finished my first collections case and the taxpayer in question cannot pay his taxes ever unless he wins the lottery. Is it his own fault that he got there? Yes, it is but also how the system is set up contributed to this. He still cannot pay, is on disability and since years in constant pain and has to spend thousands of dollars just for medications.

He is paying me and I strongly believe he would rather work and pay his taxes and living in these circumstances. For sure, he never could have dealt with the IRS himself.

Comment

Working...
            X