Hearing Aid Bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearing Aid Bills?

Some time back we got off on a tangent and started talking about hearing and hearing aids. Well - there's a few of us here (self included) that wear them. I don't have to - but I sure hear better when I do..

Anyway - There are two bills before congress/senate which would provide a $500 tax credit for each hearing aid purchased.

The 1st - is valid only for those 55 and up. What?? C'mon - I'm tired of this age old catering crap!!

3/19/2009--Introduced.Hearing Aid Assistance Tax Credit Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow a nonrefundable income tax credit of up to $500 for the purchase of a qualified hearing aid for an individual who is either:
    (1) age 55 or older; or
    (2) is claimed as a dependent of the taxpayer. Denies such tax credit to any taxpayer whose modified adjusted gross income exceeds $200,000.

The 2nd - (S 1019 - this may be dead but can & should be reinstroduced is valid for anyone. Now that's more like it. I mean the new Hearing aids I want are $2,450 EACH! yup! FIVE GRAND - Nope - No insurance to cover them. How unfair is that?

This link will help you take action and send letters to your congressmen based on where you live. Help the HOH people of the world and at the same time get a new tax credit on the books - can make us a few bucks too!!

Could you imagine being in a family where more than one person requires them? I have enough issues that aren't covered by insurance.

A new study shows that 1 in 5 teenagers already have hearing loss (thank you ipod). Most people cannot get them due to cost and or stigma..

Let me tell you something. The new aids are bluetooth ready so everything can bypass normal channels and go directly into the hearing aids. How cool is that!!??

So, my point here is to tell you of this bill.
    The 2nd point is to ask you to HELP PUSH them towards the 2nd option. The first option has a good number of people behind it. Hey - This could help stimulate the hearing industry and make some people finally admit what they already know..

BTW: I'm only 48. I've had aids for 10+ years. Didn't wear them much because they were troublesome and sometimes didn't help much. I had my hearings aids tweaked recently and OMG what a differenece. I can hear crickets now and music sounds soo much better!!
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

I'll write my Congressperson - just hope they make it retroactive.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
    X