No announcement yet.

One more duty we must perform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the form 8879 is signed by the client and I keep it since I must.
    I do not give client a copy of it.
    We've discussed this in another forum (on another board) and agreement was that
    giving client a copy of 8879 is not required.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Ghost Form 8453

Originally posted by MLINDER42 View Post
      The 8879 replaces the 8453 and that is what you give the client.You only need an 8453 when you must mail some thing to the IRS.
      I went through the entire tax season without using a single Form 8453.

(And in recent times I worked for a firm whose manager said ANYONE generating a Form 8453 would have to explain to him WHY one was used.)

Form 8879 has essentially replaced the Form 8453, except for certain "unusual" situations.

And, FWIW, I always give the client a copy of Form 8879. Such is a wise move, and can remind them of the PIN(s) selected. I would have to do some (unnecessary) research to see if such a copy is "required" but common sense would say it's, de minimis, not a bad idea.

FE

Comment

If I sign a paper, at someone's office, I want a copy of what I signed. I do the same thing with my clients, when I print out the signature forms, I print out two copies. I keep the signed forms, and give them the copies (marked copy), and tell them here are copies of what you just signed. To me it is the polite thing to do.

Comment

Signing Engagement letter and Form 8879 is a MUST for ALL my clients no exception. None has ever asked me why they need to sign. Refusing to sign by a client is an indication of future problem to come!

Comment

Working...
          X