Minimize group windows within Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimize group windows within Win 7

My older 2nd pc has XP and when I have an app open, I can right click on the app icon on the bottom or the screen (task bar I believe) and I have the following options:
    minimize group
    close group
    etc.

Right clicking on the same app icon on my Win 7 only give me the "close all window" and "pin this program to task bar" options. No minimize group.

Is there a setting for this in the Win 7 control panel and if so which one?

Task bar - Win 7 - WindowKey-D

If you need to minimize one or all of your program in any Windows operating system try this handy shortcut...

Hold the Windows Key (may say START) and hit "D" for Desktop.
    All programs will be minimized. Hit it again, and only the programs you had maximized will again maximize. It's a great time saver.

Another shortcut under the same principal is WindowsKey-L (WK-L) - This will LOCK the console. Great if you need to get up and have someone peaking over your shoulder.

Another noteworthy thing. If you use fancey screen savers - They use memory. Not advised unless you have a newer machine with plenty of memory. The older machines should just use the BLANK screen.
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Working...
    X