California help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California help

Corporate non California client buys into a publicly traded partnership. That partnership allocates $40 of ordinary income to California. They get a notice saying they owe the minimum $800, plus a $200 - that evidently makes everything OK. Does this sound right.

Another preparer says he had an LLC, filing as a partnership, who got the same type notice and when he called California they said the letters should not have been sent and corrections were being sent out.

I tried the number on the notice and could not talk to a live person, but could get a bunch of recordings. Tried another number and was forwarded to someone who did not sound real good, but expressed the believe there were not any corrections going out on the original notices.

Has anybody got any information on this????

Check the FTB website at www.ftb.ca.gov I believe there was something about this on the site.

Comment

Thanks

I did previously try an E mail. I am anxiously awaiting a reply....

Comment

I just checked the website, but couldn't find anything. Try writing and sending in a copy of the K-1. They aren't responsible for the $800- its the actual filer of the LLC/partnership/Scorp return that pays. Good luck!

Comment

Jon,

I checked the SOS site for notices, but found nothing for you. There is contact info in this link, if FTB is not helpful. It's a pretty quick call, if you care to and they are very helpful

Learn more about the Business Entities Section of the Secretary of State here.

Comment

Working...
          X