Tech Question: Wireless Monitor & Printer adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Question: Wireless Monitor & Printer adapters

Does anyone use a wireless monitor adapter and/or a wireless printer adapter and if so how effective are they?

What type of range do they have?

Which brand would you recommend?

Wireless Monitor?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Does anyone use a wireless monitor adapter and/or a wireless printer adapter and if so how effective are they?

What type of range do they have?

Which brand would you recommend?
    Interesting. Now, I haven't looked for one - but I haven't seen one either. As for Printer. I was using my Epson Workforce 600 wireless in my office for some time. The office is detached from the main house and about 100' away. The wireless router (N class) is in a window in the line of sight from the office. Did not have any problems 99% of the time. My PC was also wireless (is this what you mean by monitor?) for the same duration. I finally ran a network cable to the office. However, the wireless options are still enabled so if the cable ever fails all I have to do is plug in the USB wireless adapter on the PC and done. The printer is already (still) configured for wireless as well.
    Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Half way there

Ok - I'm game:

This device transmits the signal.

What is required for the monitor/TV/whatever to receive the signal??

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        This device transmits the signal.
        What is required for the monitor/TV/whatever to receive the signal??
        FE
        That package comes with both the transmitter and the receiver, so it has everything you need. It's possible to get additional transmitters and receivers separately.

Although the Cables to Go site describes the connection as secure, I haven't been able to find anything about encryption. This sort of device is appropriate for things like powering a projector for teaching a class, but I wouldn't recommend it for day-to-day tax prep work without more research.

Comment

Ok... Umm... Kewl!

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
          That package comes with both the transmitter and the receiver, so it has everything you need. It's possible to get additional transmitters and receivers separately.

Although the Cables to Go site describes the connection as secure, I haven't been able to find anything about encryption. This sort of device is appropriate for things like powering a projector for teaching a class, but I wouldn't recommend it for day-to-day tax prep work without more research.
          Don't get it.. Why? 30' big deal. - Why would you need your monitor 30' from your PC? (for tax preparation)??

If there's an issue - then I'm thinking you have bigger problems and need to re-think the office in general. I like my 19" (thinking of going to 22-23) LCD right in front of me & my tower at my feet. That way I don't have to get up when/if I need the DVD drawer...

My mother-in-law calls the Monitor the computer. she turns it off every night!
          meanwhile the tower -- has been on for 3 years!
          Matthew Jones
          Tax Preparation
          Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
          Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

48" monitor?

How about having your clients sit on a very comfortable couch with a beverage in their hand and watch a presentation of:

The benefits of tax planning!
            A investment product that can help lower their taxes!
            An investment product!
            Etc.

I have one client that has quite a bit of money and is almost legally blind. The 48" screen works well for him.

Oh, what if I need to take a break and watch "Gordon Gecko" in Wall Street where "greed is legal" or is it?

Comment

Working...
            X