Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gettin' through the summer -- supernaturally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gettin' through the summer -- supernaturally.

Just about this time of year when the past tax season's money supply is runnin' low, summer work is slow, and renewal expenses begin to flow -- the nettlesome question arises; "How am I going to pay for all this stuff comin' up?"

And...now I know! Divine providence apparently decreed I should trip over the solution while surfin' the Net and herewith I present the "answer to your prayers":

Shoot! All this time I thought bills had to be paid naturally -- never even knew there was a plan B.

Reminds me of a situation many years ago. A co-worker happened to leave a magazine laying on one of the desks. It was from "Reverent Ike". This was a preacher that wore crocheted white coats and preached about bills being taken care of.

The one article that has stuck with me all these years was the letter that was written by an individual: "I was down and out and my car was broken down. I needed transportation and just did not know what I was going to do. I saw Reverend Ike's magazine. I sent him $1,000. Two weeks later a man knocked on my door and said "Here is your new Cadillac."

So - BB of little faith, you just haven't been sending your "faith" donations to the right place. I've just been thinking, since I don't know if this particular preacher is still around, if you prefer, you can send me the $1,000 and stand by waiting for your new Cadillac. Of course, I would not want to discriminate, so I guess that i will have to make this an open ended offer to all who read this. Such sacrifices, I guess it is just my basic good nature.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I wonder if they are aware that their ministry initials are SNL?

Could that mean anything?

Comment

Bart, head on over to the county courthouse and search for tax liens. Then type up a nice letter offering your services for installment agreements, etc.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
          Bart, head on over to the county courthouse and search for tax liens. Then type up a nice letter offering your services for installment agreements, etc.
          Does that really work? I got the letter from some company offering to send me the list of tax liens from regional county filings for a fee, but always figured it was like chasing ambulances and not very effective.
          "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
            Does that really work? I got the letter from some company offering to send me the list of tax liens from regional county filings for a fee, but always figured it was like chasing ambulances and not very effective.
            Sure it works, since liens are public information.

But will the letter work? Darned if I know; never done it, but considered it once.
            And I got that same letter the other day.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Bart -- What are you doing for Extra $$$$

Hmm....
              I was wondering...

Is your real name Robert Tilton?? Is t his what you do during The Summer Months...

Well.. ALl I've got to say is Praise the Lord... Bout time we found something!!
              Matthew Jones
              Tax Preparation
              Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
              Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Originally posted by thomax

...don't know if this particular preacher is still around...
                Yeah he's still around but has fallen on hard times -- had to put his Miami beachfront place on the market for six million (IRS wants it -- thinks one of those tongues he was speaking in was a forked one).

Originally posted by ChEAr$

Thanks for the tip, but I've sworn off those. Last time, I tried gettin' a payment reduced from $300 per month to $200 for my pore boy (swore he was down and out) client. For some reason this IRS gal called and said they had a table of maximum living expenses and my client's far exceeded all. She proposed to raise the payment to three thousand per month. Figuring there must be a miscalculation or fly in the soup somewhere, I told her to forget the whole thing. Told pore boy the bad news and all he said was "Aw, the hell with it; I'll just pay 'em off" ($5,000). And he did. Sure was a surprise to me to find out that a client would lie.

Originally posted by Bees Knees

I wonder if they are aware that their ministry initials are SNL?

Could that mean anything?
                I dunno. What?

Comment

Working...
                X