Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know

Originally posted by MAJ View Post
    Also, the new version of the TRX (Tax Works) Business Management software will have the ability to send TXT reminders to your clients. Great thought!!
    This is good to know as this is the software that I used this year.

Peachie

Comment

confirm the email with SNOPES

I like the emails that are full of crap and then include a statement something to the effect "this was confirmed thru Snopes website " and then when you actually CHECK the snopes.com site it clearly states that email is "rumor" or WORSE!

Comment

Putting rumors to rest

I have received so many "forwarded" messages about the upcoming extra taxable income from medical insurance coverage that I now keep my standard response in a draft folder for ready access.

Included is the following link: http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/hr3590.asp

You may find it to be of great use when those "alerts" reach your computer!

FE

Comment

Now I am getting a bunch of forwarded emails that contain the bush tax cuts going away in 2011, which are legit, but mixed in are one or two of the bogus stuff like taxing health insurance benefits on the W-2.

You have to be careful when people ask if the email is legit. It may appear to be all correct if you don't read through the entire email.

Comment

Useful info about possibly expiring tax cuts

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            Now I am getting a bunch of forwarded emails that contain the bush tax cuts going away in 2011, which are legit, but mixed in are one or two of the bogus stuff like taxing health insurance benefits on the W-2.

You have to be careful when people ask if the email is legit. It may appear to be all correct if you don't read through the entire email.
            I earlier received many of those, but they have lessened a lot once I responded to the incoming email hysteria stuff.

There is still a lot of sturm und drang out there, frequently from overly stressed bloggers, about the "Bush" tax changes. Of course, no one knows yet how all of that will finally turn out...the second week in November events will likely be a factor.

Here is a useful (reliable) link for those issues:

FE

Comment

Working...
            X