POA's and E-services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POA's and E-services

When I go into the E-Services area to enter the info for a POA, I get a message about an SDLN number and it will last for a certian period of time. Does anyone know what this means? Do I have to re-enter the POA info after that date or is my POA permanently in the POA files?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

You have to renew your pass word every 6 months, or you get to start at square one again. Opps I need to check on mine. I usually do it in December so I don't have to worry about it expiring during tax time. I just checked and it expired July 3rd. I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

Comment

Dln

The Document Locater Number would be important if you save an unfinished POA or other document to come back at a later time to complete it. You have to complete it by a certain date. If you complete a POA, it's there until one of you revokes it.

Comment

Password Change

Piglee, I almost missed mine - the due date to change password at e-services, as I don't log in all of the time.
        What assisted me this last period, was I set a Reminder in my Outlook that popped up approximately 2 weeks prior to the date.

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          The Document Locater Number would be important if you save an unfinished POA or other document to come back at a later time to complete it. You have to complete it by a certain date. If you complete a POA, it's there until one of you revokes it.
          Thanks Lion. I just wasn't sure.

Piglee, I know about the password renewal. I just had to re-do mine the other day. The funny thing is, I read that someone did research on requiring new passwords every so often. It was found that it did not decrease any fraud. It's just a hassle for users. This was not just related to the IRS site. It was password changes in general.
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

It was found that it did not decrease any fraud. It's just a hassle for users.

I've always suspected as much!
            Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Working...
            X