PTIN Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Fees

I received this on the 23rd, but just had time to read.
    So, it looks like the Fee to renew a PTIN each year will be $50.

Matthew Jones
    Tax Preparation
    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Ptin Fees

It is $50.00 plus the fee to accenture for running the web sight which they will set soon.

Comment

And the cost of administration for the certification test and fitness reveiw.

Do less than 10 paid returns, and you do not need to register, but you will not have a PTIN.

Comment

substantially the amount

Originally posted by MLINDER42 View Post
        It is $50.00 plus the fee to accenture for running the web sight which they will set soon.
        According to the release from the IRS which I read, the fee to "an outside vendor" for running the website will be "substantially less than $50". In other words, as I read what I read, the total annual fee for PTIN will substantially be

a little less than $50 + $50 = $100.
        Last edited by OtisMozzetti; 07-29-2010, 05:39 AM. Reason: format of fee amount

Comment

Ptin

You must have a PTIN to sign returns if you do one return for money and you must pay to register PTIN.

Comment

Originally posted by OtisMozzetti View Post
            According to the release from the IRS which I read, the fee to "an outside vendor" for running the website will be "substantially less than $50". In other words, as I read what I read, the total annual fee for PTIN will substantially be a little less than $50 + $50 = $100.
            A small price to pay for the government's blessing and assurance that all will be well in the future.

Comment

Cheek?

Your tongue is firmly implanted in your cheek, isn't it?!

Comment

PTIN fees

Obviously this new fee will result in 100% correct tax returns in the future, eliminate the need for audits, and enable all IRS agents to be replaced by a computer. This will save the government enough money to pay for another war, to double the EIC credit, bail out BP, and pay off all of our mortgages.

Comment

Your are correct, The limit of 10 returns is for mandatory efile registration.

Comment

Will the Last Comic Standing - Please sit down!!

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
                    Obviously this new fee will result in 100% correct tax returns in the future, eliminate the need for audits, and enable all IRS agents to be replaced by a computer. This will save the government enough money to pay for another war, to double the EIC credit, bail out BP, and pay off all of our mortgages.
                    Nice one.. I believe you - Now I feel safe!! Or NOT!
                    Post a message on a Pod Cast from NATP -- $75-$300 depending on options.
                    Also - be sure you have your PTIN before 12/31/2010 - I've had one for a few years now. But you must RE-REGISTER even if you have one betewen 9/1/2010 & 12/31/2010 to give you the 3 year period to take the test(s).
                    Once the tests are out - You must take the test before getting a PTIN.

NATP also states for 2010 100 returns or more - 2011 - 10 or more.. The dust has not settled yet... So it appears...
                    Matthew Jones
                    Tax Preparation
                    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
                    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

tests

Originally posted by MAJ View Post
                      Once the tests are out - You must take the test before getting a PTIN.
                      I believe that Circular 230 professionals, enrolled agents, CPA's, and attorneys, aren't going to have to pass an additional test or pay an additional fee for taking that additional test. They already have their own testing and continuing education requirements, plus they are paying fees for initially obtaining and for renewing their Circular 230 status. For example, Prometric now charges $102 for each attempt at each of the three parts of the EA exam--a total of $306 or more, and the fee for EA application or renewal is set at $125.

Presumably, the two levels of tests required to get the two levels of PTIN will be less difficult tests than the Circular 230 professionals already have to deal with.

Comment

Ptin

I don't believe anything will be firmly decided until after August 24, 2010, as the proposed regulations recently issued on July 22, 2010 are open for comments received by August 23, 2010, and a public hearing will be held on August 24, at the IRS Bldg, Washington DC.

So for now to be continued

Sandy

Comment

Compliance Check

I know they have a compliance check when issuing or renewing a PTIN.

A tax preparer had tax lien in the past but the debt had since been settled through Offer and Compromise. And all these happened more than 10 years ago. Will he have problem to pass the compliance check?
                          Last edited by AccTaxMan; 07-31-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

EAs

But, EAs still have to PAY to renew or obtain their PTINs, this fall and annually. Just no test fee.

Comment

Ptin

EA's are supposed to receive a reduced fee when we renew our EA number to make up for some of the ptin fee

Comment

Working...
                              X