Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
    The same fax will go to both e mails.
    Well, that could be a problem. We sub-lease an office to a guy who is Mr. Fax King. I sure don't want his stuff, and he won't want mine. And I suppose when you send faxes, you send them via pdf. files thru the email? Since I am a technological dinosaur, I don't have the foggiest notion how to do that. Maybe if we get on this system, we could just give him the fax machine, and let him pay for the line, paper, toner, etc.

Comment

Simple

Luckily for an old lady like me, sending is easy. I just tell it to fax to a # and it does whatever it does and sends it to the person's fax (I guess it converts it to a .pdf, but I don't have to know how to do that, thank goodness!). The person receives it as a fax on their fax machine or their computer fax and doesn't know you might not even own a fax machine.

I receive an email telling me I have a fax; I click on the link and it opens. I can delete junk without printing, or print out a fax, or store it anyplace on my computer such as a client's file, or forward it on to another fax #.

Or, anyplace I might be with an internet connection, I can go to the message center to view/retrieve/store my faxes.

Comment

E-mail fax

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        Well, that could be a problem. We sub-lease an office to a guy who is Mr. Fax King. I sure don't want his stuff, and he won't want mine. And I suppose when you send faxes, you send them via pdf. files thru the email? Since I am a technological dinosaur, I don't have the foggiest notion how to do that. Maybe if we get on this system, we could just give him the fax machine, and let him pay for the line, paper, toner, etc.
        If you send a fax, you can use your fax machine or scan them into your computer and e-mail them. I still use my old fax machine to send faxes, but do not have a separate fax line since I do not receive faxes with it and do not have any paper or toner in the fax machine.

Using e-mail faxes, you get a telephone number--either a local number or a toll-free number.
        It is just like a separate fax line, except that faxes send to that number do not print out on paper, but become pdf files that are e-mailed to your e-mail address. I have mine e-mailed to my Windows mail and to my G-mail.

The only risk would be if a hacker got into one of my e-mail accounts and was able to see the information faxed. If someone sends me an e-mail and uses the wrong phone number, it could go to someone else's fax if the incorrect phone number was a fax number. You run that risk with any kind of fax.
        Last edited by taxxcpa; 07-05-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X