Computer Fax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Fax

What fax service or what do you use for incoming and outgoing fax's? I would like to get rid of my old fashioned fax machine that takes up lots of space on my desk.

Thanks

Kurly

Originally posted by Kurly View Post
    What fax service or what do you use for incoming and outgoing fax's? I would like to get rid of my old fashioned fax machine that takes up lots of space on my desk.

Thanks

Kurly
    I have a Brother Intelli Fax 2820; it is small and does a good job for me for years now.
    SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by Kurly View Post

Thanks

Kurly
      eFax. Quick, simple, reliable, cheap.
      Christopher Mewhort, EA
      mewhorttax.com

Comment

MYFax.com Used for many years, no problems, incoming & outgoing has never cost more than 10.00 a month. You can even use in on several computers, so everyone in your office can send and receive. They also give you a 800 toll free number.

Comment

eFax

eFax. I pay so I can pick my own number. But, I love it. Can check it from anywhere. I pay annually to get a discount. Free is available, also. Faxes land in my email; however, I can check them on line where ever I have an internet connection. Plus, faxes are stored there, also, so I have back-up.

That said, I still have a large HP L7780 all-in-one. It's my copier, black or color. Sometimes it's just easier to put a piece of paper in and fax instead of scanning to eFax. And, it has the flat top, so I can open a book to copy, fax, or scan. It has slots for memory cards. Anything I could want to do. It's on it's own plain vanilla AT&T phone line. Then, if my cable is out (office phone, house phone, internet, & TV), I still have a wired line to call out on. I figure as long as I'm keeping that one wire, I may as well keep my fax hooked up to it. But, the fax number I give out is my eFax so I can view and store in a client's file and not print unless necessary.

Comment

I use Efax also. Only use for incoming faxes. Still have an old hp fax machine I use to send faxes if needed.

Comment

E-Fax

E-Fax will completely stop working if you receive too many faxes. My Fax allows unlimited faxes and costs a lot less. Also it comes in as a PDF and does not require a special download to open the fax.

Once my scanner quit working and I started using the fax to scan. Then after a while I was up to the maximum number of faxes and they wanted additional money to let me have a higher number.

Comment

eFax

eFax arrives as a .pdf

Comment

Do any of these services employ spam-filtering? We get a ton of stuff that is junk over the fax machine.

Comment

MYFAX.COM does, if you get something that is spam, there is a link, you click on it to report it as spam, and after I do that, NO more spam. I reported several at the beginning. Now I get none.

Comment

The ones I get never seem to come from the same place (or number) twice. But it sure eats up the toner after a while.

Comment

toner

Yeah, so with eFax you don't have to print out any junk that might make it through. Saves toner and paper.

Comment

Soooo, could you set up a separate email account just to receive faxes?

Comment

Yes

Sure, you choose where to direct your faxes. And, the sender doesn't see where they go, just your fax number. So you can call it BurkesFaxes@gmail.com or anything else you want to keep yourself organized.

You can also read them on line at the eFax message center. I use their message center to store faxes I want backed up. I set up folders and sort the faxes and delete those I don't need in the future. It's just an extra back up that's off-site.
                            Last edited by Lion; 06-29-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Separate e-mail

My Fax allows you to have two different e-mails at no extra charge. If you want more than two, I believe you can get them for a fee.
                              The same fax will go to both e mails.
                              So far, I haven't received any spam with My Fax. When I received faxes on my fax machine, I used to get them frequently and waste paper printing them. With My Fax or E Fax you get it as a pdf so you can delete it without printing it if it is spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X