Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now for the latest in Census Worker visits:
    ================================================

A census worker was making his rounds in the hills of Arkansas when he knocked on a cabin door to collect some data.

A lady answered and after his introduction he asked, "How many people live at this residence?"

The lady answered, "Eight".

The census worker then asked the lady if she could give him some more details.

The lady responded "Well there is me, my husband and our six kids. We have two eight year old boys, two six year old girls, and two four year old boys."

The amazed census worker said, "Wow, you got twins each time!"

The lady responded, "Oh no honey, there was hundreds of times we got nothin' at all"
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

[/QUOTE=Bees Knees;103269 Everyone in the household answers seven questions: name, gender, race, ethnicity, and whether they sometimes live somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I won't quibble about whether or not that comes to seven questions since probably there was some other diddle that you forgot to list. The one where I refused to buy into their multiple choice answers was ethnicity and race. My wife is of 100% Armenian ancestry, and I am proud to say she is an enrolled agent. I forget which of their half-baked multiple choices I believed most described her, and I also forget what sort of "decline to state" or "human" answer that I filled in. The questions concerning ethnicity and race are in my opinion very divisive.
      Last edited by OtisMozzetti; 07-29-2010, 05:45 AM.

Comment

job creation program is what the census is

We got a letter from a 28-year old son of someone who was my wife's boss about 20 years ago. The 28-year old has never had a job in his life, but now he has been serving with the census and wanted us to help him (for free I guess) with very detailed W-4 planning and balance due or refund planning for the current year. You could debate whether employing him with the census was a good use of the taxpayers' money, but at least it has gotten that dude some work experience.

Comment

Dear H,

Originally posted by JohnH
          A census worker was making his rounds in the hills of Arkansas when he knocked on a cabin door to collect some data.

A lady answered and after his introduction he asked, "How many people live at this residence?"

The lady answered, "Eight".

The census worker then asked the lady if she could give him some more details.

The lady responded "Well there is me, my husband and our six kids. We have two eight year old boys, two six year old girls, and two four year old boys."

The amazed census worker said, "Wow, you got twins each time!"

The lady responded, "Oh no honey, there was hundreds of times we got nothin' at all"
          It is highly insulting for you to imply that our citizens engage in sexual activities for any other purpose than reproduction (next thing, you'll be sayin' we leave the lights on). Anyway, I'm reportin' you to OAF (Offended Arkansas Farmboys) headquarters, you...you...Yankee!

Comment

YANKEE!? Have you looked at the map lately?

Anyhow, please let the OAF know that I considered the story to be a compliment. She has excellent math skills, she summarized the relevant information well, and I admire the way the woman thinks.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Yes, yes, but

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              YANKEE!? Have you looked at the map lately?
              you're from North Carolina and due to the gravity of the offense, I'm interpreting very narrowly.

Comment

You're spelling it right, but your pronunciation is obviously wrong. It sounds more like Nawth Ca'lina - then things begin to make sense. I think I'll start a movement in Louisiana to refer to Arkansans as Yankees, based on your reasoning.
                Last edited by JohnH; 07-28-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

And I will be visiting that lovely state today. Anyone for good ole' eastern NC barbeque from Parkers?

Comment

I'll add in my run in with two census workers. Long Story.

I received a census form at my office. My office use to be my grandparents home. They have been passed away for 20 years. This is the first time I have ever got one. Well I just let it sit and finally threw it away thinking they will see it was a business.

Well census guy came by and my dad was out in the yard. He asked about my office and also asked some questions about neighbors. My dad told him to leave he had nothing to say to him.

Well here he comes knocking on my door. I told him no one lived here. Its a business. He kept on asking about someone living here. I told him just about lived here during the tax season... as a joke. He then said "so you live here". ahhh!

Well he finally got it. He asked my name. I was just aggravated and well I told him my name was I.P. Freely (from the simpsons). Asked my phone number and gave him the office number. Within a month someone called asking for IP Freely. I told them there was no one here by that name but I do go quite often thanks to the amount of water I drink.

I know the above was pretty bad

Well a few weeks ago a lady came to my folks home asking about my office. I was there and I just told the lady again. Told her I had already gave one guy the info. She said they were having to go back and double check. I gave her my real name this time

Comment

Working...
                    X