To ATX users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To ATX users

Does your program print out a state depreciation report when you tell it to print a Federal Filing Copy?

IRS doesn't want that, do they?

I am not an ATX user but I will tell you that the IRS does not need the depreciation schedule. They need the 4562 and that's it
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

State depreciation report.

I've got ATX, but I just use the "Preparer" copy and "x" out what I don't want in the "Print" module (mostly the excess worksheets and statements). My program does not print the state depreciation schedule in that module.

I agree with Brian; IRS doesn't want the state schedule. Actually, their attitude seems to be "the less paper the better."

Comment

State depreciation

Originally posted by Safire
        Does your program print out a state depreciation report when you tell it to print a Federal Filing Copy?

IRS doesn't want that, do they?
        Part of it depends on whether "Filing", "Client", or "Preparer" is marked. If "Filing", then no extra reports print out. I believe the federal depreciation schedule prints when doing Client or Preparer (at least a schedule of items still being depreciated). I haven't seen a state schedule print, but then again I haven't watched it that closely (I should be doing a better job there -- I know the calculations are being done, just haven't been making sure a client gets a copy of the state schedule).

No, the IRS doesn't want the depreciation schedule at all -- just the 4562.

Bill

Comment

Hey thanks all. I have not taken time to go in and mark certain forms to print or not print.

I have actually spent quite alot of time printing by the page to not waste so much paper, but that is getting old and I realized that right now my time is worth more than a few extra sheets of paper.

That's one thing I miss about Drake, you got that print screen that listed every available form on your return and you just highlighted what you wanted to print for that job.

Comment

You should have stayed with Drake. I did
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Atx

Safire,

ATX has the same as Drake. Use "Custom" and then mark only the forms you want.

Comment

should've used lacerte

Comment

Lacerte

I did use Lacerte before it came to cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

Well there were alot of things about Drake that I didn't like, mainly the price. And the fact that they usually had alot of glitchs with their first few releases. In my opinion, they use their customers to beta their product every year during tax season. If I am going to help you debug your product, I should get it for free. Just my opinion.

Maybe they have been better in the last 3 years that I have been gone from my old office, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                    X