Golf Lessons >email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I unsubscribed

in early June and on 1 July I heard from the jerk again. So my prediction was wrong. The man is a spammer and honestly I do not see how he hopes to get by with it. The obvious conclusion is that the enforcement of anti-spam laws is less robust than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
      in early June and on 1 July I heard from the jerk again. So my prediction was wrong. The man is a spammer and honestly I do not see how he hopes to get by with it. The obvious conclusion is that the enforcement of anti-spam laws is less robust than I thought.

I had a talk with my isp about spam mail and they said that if the email comes from a 'legitimate' business site, duly identified by a valid isp, etc. then spam blockers will not stop it. Their definition of spam is an email of unknown origin (like overseas) that does not show regular business account info. Just because it is unsolicited doesn't make it spam in their minds. The only way to stop it is to individually block that sender on your email account. Even some of the 'legitimate' businesses use rotating email accounts to get around any block you put up on your account.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Unsubscribe

Could be a coincidence, but I tried to unsubscribe, to this email, and still received a 7/1 email, and now my "inbox" is full of unwanted, unsolicitated emails. I probably need to delete all of my "send to junk mail" and start all over, I think I had about 40 of those "unsolicited buggers" today.

Not a Happy Camper!

Can someone guide me on how to set the "rule" in the email program???

Sandy

Comment

This may not be anything more than an urban legend, but I've always been under the impression that you should never "unsubscribe" anything that you had not subscribed to at some point in the past and is already known to you as being legitimate. By "unsubscribing" unsolicited emails, you are simply alerting the sender that your email address is active, thus making it more valuable to the 1,000 people to whom they then sell your email address.

I delete all chain messages, prayer messages, and various other tear jerker or social/political alerts for the same reason. I NEVER pass then along, because all that is doing is adding my email address and that of every one on the list to someone who is harvesting them for resale.
          Last edited by JohnH; 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
            ...I would not claim the deduction ( golf lessons) regardless of its deductibility. On the other hand, if my client was being audited for other issues, I would introduce the Golf Lessons because I have nothing to loose at that point.
            I guess that whether or not to introduce something like Golf Lessons that might get deemed off the wall is a decision about the wisest approach to use in dealing with the examining officer. In other words, I wonder whether there might in some instances actually be something to lose at that point.

Comment

I will bet that each one of these allowed deductions were through a great deal of time and appeals, not to mention atty or representative fees....so how much did it really cost the taxpayer to get a measly 900. deduction or whatever the others were?
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I agree

I don't know if it was this web sight or something else, but I try never to "unsubscribe" and now I am being plagued with "junk emails" All of the "blocked" and "create rules" are not working.
                Can anyone recommend a program that will work with Outlook 2003 to "block or get rid" of these annoying emails?

Thanks,

Sandy

Comment

Sandy,
                  Try calling your ISP. Sometimes they can set up a block on their end to help.
                  You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Thought

Thanks White Oleander,
                    Didn't think about signing on directly to my ISP, which is Yahoo or one of the Old Telephone Group, so will try that and see if I can set junk/blocked and rules at that level.

Certainly not working on my MS Outlook

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X