Earned Income Credit--Just Checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earned Income Credit--Just Checking

Just double checking, I have ATX software and is usually top notch, but on this ladies EIC questions, I had to override the check for the AGI amount, no child. I don't like to over ride stuff, she does meet all the qualifications, I double checked all I can find is retirement income (1099-R) is not investment income right?

This is off subject, in tax season I often do taxes in my sleep all night, last night I was so tired I didn't do that, but I did dream I went fishing instead of working today, think there would be some disappointed folks?

I have not had to override

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
    Just double checking, I have ATX software and is usually top notch, but on this ladies EIC questions, I had to override the check for the AGI amount, no child. I don't like to over ride stuff, she does meet all the qualifications, I double checked all I can find is retirement income (1099-R) is not investment income right?
    I also use ATX, and have not had to override on any EIC. She did have earnings, right? And, you are correct, retirement is not investment income. (But, it's not earnings.)

This is off subject, in tax season I often do taxes in my sleep all night, last night I was so tired I didn't do that, but I did dream I went fishing instead of working today, think there would be some disappointed folks?
    No, they will understand.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Dumby me! I figured out why I had to override, didn't answer the first set of questions about a valid SS#, etc.

Comment

Been there

Dumby me! I figured out why I had to override, didn't answer the first set of questions about a valid SS#, etc.
        Been there, bought the T-shirt.

I am ready to go fishing with you. Today.

Comment

Wouldn't that be fun?!

Comment

Yes!!

Wouldn't that be fun?!
            I actually bought a new rod and reel Saturday when I was in Wally World (yeah, it's that good) with my 17-year-old son. I am psyched. Have not been fishing since last summer.

Comment

Just one more day! Have fun!!

Comment

Working...
              X