X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF Reject

Well this is a first

But then I don't have many of these

Electronically Filed H/W - neither of which are of the age to receive SSA benefits or a Govt Pension, rejected on Schedule M, obviously as nothing was checked for $ 250

However, the daughter is the representative of her Mother (which I also prepare that return) and the reject was for the $250 payment.

So it would seem that in the IRS records, daughter received the $250 on behalf of the Mother.

So I checked the box under spouse, and resubmitted - but I am not hopeful if it will clear EFile. Grrr!

What a nightmare, this has either become or is becoming

Sandy

Or could it be VA? I got fooled by that when the TP didn't receive SS, but got the $250 from VA.
    JG

Comment

No

It cleared efile when I showed the spouse as receiving the $250 and she is the representative of her mother who is receiving social security benefits. Taxpayer's spouse is not eleigible for SSA benefits, under 65 and full time W-2 wage earner raising kids

Must be they are using spouse's number as receiving benefit on behalf of mother, I will have to check further ----to be continued after 4/15

Sandy

Comment

Pretty sure you already use this

...but here it is anyway:

Comment

Working...
        X