nol carryback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nol carryback

Does the 1045 for the NOL carryback go with the 2009 tax return? Or does it go in separately?

Linda

I have

been EFiling return THEN later mailing 1045...

Comment

Thursday

I moved them to come Thursday to pick up their return. So I have a couple days to get it done. Don't like to do something I haven't done in a while under pressure.

Linda

Comment

Mail

It goes in the mail separately to the IRS center where a paper return would have been sent.

I got a friend to help me with the 5 yr carry back. I had to override the 5th year totals to get the 50% reduction in there.

I owe my friend big-time...
        "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

still not done

I will be ok when I get the first line started I think. But just need to be able to study the instructions a little bit. Wish I had my old HRB textbooks right now.

If it is mailed separately, I will efile their return for this year when they come in today. Then I will tell them the 1045 will be done next week and we will mail it in then.

That will take a little pressure off me for today.

Linda

Comment

Carrybacks

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
            I will be ok when I get the first line started I think. But just need to be able to study the instructions a little bit. Wish I had my old HRB textbooks right now.

If it is mailed separately, I will efile their return for this year when they come in today. Then I will tell them the 1045 will be done next week and we will mail it in then.

That will take a little pressure off me for today.

Linda
            I always try to carry the NOL forward. Once I forgot to do so and had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to do the Form 1045. Once I goofed and did NOT carry it back, then the client's income dropped drastically and the loss carry-forward was virtually useless.
            In all other cases, the carry-forward was just as good as a carry-back.

Comment

Working...
            X