Washington state personal property tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington state personal property tax

yes, I have a client way up there in the misty northwest and I just HATE having to do that
    Washington state income tax return!

However, pushing ahead,...... All states with which I'm familiar charge ad valorem tax
    when one purchases the car tag every year. Is this also the case up there? And if so,
    what specifically do I ask client and /or point out where to look for the information?

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
    yes, I have a client way up there in the misty northwest and I just HATE having to do that

However, pushing ahead,...... All states with which I'm familiar charge ad valorem tax
    when one purchases the car tag every year. Is this also the case up there? And if so,
    what specifically do I ask client and /or point out where to look for the information?
    They changed the annual car tax here a few years ago. So now the only ad valorem tax is the monorail/RTA tax. If you can get a copy of the current vehicle registration it shows the amount on there. (Unfortunately it never amounts to a whole lot.) Note that it's only people living in the big city area that pay those taxes at all. (But then again, that's probably over half the state's population.)

Comment

There is

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      no state income tax in Washington......yet

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
        no state income tax in Washington......yet
        Well..... actually I knew that; just yanking a chain maybe. What I should have added
        was something like... "especially since there was no WA withholding on the W2!"

Maybe then I should have added a "grin".
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I always have my Washington state clients fill out an Oregon 40N, just so they don't
          feel left out.
          Last edited by Gene V; 03-19-2010, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X