Austin Service Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin Service Center

I've been hearing about the plane smashing into the IRS building in Austin, TX.

Lots of news going around about this, human interest stories, effects, planning, psycho stuff.

People like us might need to find out if processing of tax returns is going to be affected. Where are e-filed deposits processed for those in the Austin district (just one concern).

according to the news, IRS left that building a few years ago, 4 private businesses there now. current IRS building is nearby though

Comment

Originally posted by Edsel View Post
      I've been hearing about the plane smashing into the IRS building in Austin, TX.

Lots of news going around about this, human interest stories, effects, planning, psycho stuff.

People like us might need to find out if processing of tax returns is going to be affected. Where are e-filed deposits processed for those in the Austin district (just one concern).
      I have been sending all of my clients 'first time home buyer' papers there. Hope everyone and everything there are okay, haven't had time to hear or watch TV on it.
      SueBaby

Comment

I just took a few minutes to read the man's suicide letter. Looks like there was a long time grudge with the IRS and taxation overall. Since the 80s. Its on smoking gun if anyone would like to read it. 8 pages but I only read what was related to taxes.

Comment

corrected

seems like my news earlier in day was wrong. now at 6:30 pm est they are reporting it was indeed the IRS building that was hit by a disgruntled taxpayer. 2 missing and pilot of plane dead and one more injured. amazing!!!

Comment

Oh darn~

YOu mean they won't be able to process all those 1099's and 1096's I just mailed to
            Austin service center?
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Me Too

I just mailed my 1099 forms to Austin Service Center as well.

Guess what, bet they are lost

Now what?

Sandy

Comment

Wacko

Yeah, that guy was definitely a nut case. I read his suicide note posted on CNN...

Sounds like no one was killed, though, and the injuries appear to be minor.

This will make for some great innuendo down the road...

Next time I'm in a field audit, and it feels like it's not going well, maybe I'll just ask the revenue agent:

"By the way... did you know that my client has a pilot's license, and he owns a small plane?"

BMK
                Burton M. Koss
                koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Burton Koss

No joking matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                    No joking matter.
                    No it is not. I have had 2 clients very upset with me because I refused to take them AGAIN. One cursed me out for not putting something on his taxes that was wrong (told him to take it somewhere else) and the other has missed 4 appointments and not called to cancel; when he does it is 2 hours AFTER his appt for some stupid excuse; told him to pick his W2s up and take elsewhere.

The one that cursed me out said he would tell all and "ruin" me. Don't know what ruin he meant either. So yes people will get that mad sometimes over nothing. Glad my husband helps me, so I want have to look over my shoulder all the time now.
                    SueBaby

Comment

Functionality

Some of you may acquire knowledge that you can share with us about the loss of functionality involved in the building wreckage.

What functions may be affected. Example: offices of Treasury Agents, offices of Auditors,
                      of Taxpayer Advocates, IT offices for computer hardware/programming, etc. And whether districts other than Austin will be affected.

If you know anything, will appreciate you passing it on.

Comment

Isn't the e-services run out of there also...please a business that big must have a backup elsewhere for all their records...lets hope. If they don't we are all looking forward to some really ticked off clients.

I had such a stressful day that I forgot all about that nasty little plane until I read the post here.
                        Anyone know of a way to make lemonade out of this one?

I don't think I will worry until I know I have reason to...but I will research this and if I get anything worthwhile I will post it asap.
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

This is not the only IRS building in Austin. My personal opinion is that this horrible act will not measurably affect the IRS system in Austin.

I think they said this am that someone other than the pilot died. And now so many people have their lives totally uprooted by someone who couldn't deal.
                          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

That office dealt with employee benefit plan audits for plans with more than 2500 employees. The guy was such a doofus he couldnt' even target the right IRS building.

At least one person besides the pilot was killed and at least two are seriously injured. And he left his wife and 12 year old daughter with no house, no insurance (arson), no life insurance (suicide) and potential liabilites from the destruction of federal property. From what I read this morning, they were at a hotel the night before, I'm guessing because they were afraid for themselves. What an utterly self-serving jerk.

Comment

see new post on no effect on filing
                              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                              X