Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbe

Hi everyone:
    Snag E-mailed me today and gave me the address of this site. I was wondering where everyone had gone when I visited that "other" site. I dont post much during the summer but I do like to check in once in awhile. I guess from reading the posts so far I will have to start out at the very bottom of the ladder. Is there some sort of initiation for us new people or do we just have to put in our time?
    Anyway its great to be here.
    Ken from sunny ole Arizona
    ken

Hi Ken!

Nice you made it to this great new board. I'm sure all of us have been thinking about you and the deadly hot weather you have been having in AZ.

This board will change your Junior Member status to Member status after you have registered and made 30 posts. Something fun, but there are some great features on this site. Everyone will help you, if needed. So if you have the time, register, start your questions and help us with some of our questions!

Dennis

Comment

Ken, Welcome

Originally posted by Ken
      Hi everyone:
      Snag E-mailed me today and gave me the address of this site. I was wondering where everyone had gone when I visited that "other" site. I dont post much during the summer but I do like to check in once in awhile. I guess from reading the posts so far I will have to start out at the very bottom of the ladder. Is there some sort of initiation for us new people or do we just have to put in our time?
      Anyway its great to be here.
      Ken from sunny ole Arizona
      So glad you received Snags email, wondered where you were! I think you will find that this Board is more user friendly. Go to "FAQ" and You can check out how to post, edit, delete, use links, quotes, etc. Also one of the really neat features, is that the board doesn't clear at the end of each Saturday nite. The posts stay on. If you find a post that you want to respond to, even if it is 30 or 60 days old or hopefully 1 year old, it will bring it to the current date. Personally I love this, as you can either keep the "thread" current, or bring up an "old thread".

Don't worry about the Jr Member to Member status. We have just been having a lot of fun with this. But "30" is the number to achieve "Member" under your name. I don't think any of us know what to expect next!

Look forward to your postings!

Sandy

Comment

Ken

Ken, it's like a chain letter to advance in membership. You have to come paint my house (it's only in the 90's up here in CT) to move up the chain, and put your name on the bottom of the list. If anyone ever paints your house, then you become a full member! Much easier than studying for an exam.... Anyway, welcome.

Comment

Ken

Welcome. You can come and paint my house, too. It's only between 90 and 100 degrees here.

Now I have the opportunity to add to my 30 posts and I learned that there are FAQ. Maybe there I will find the answer if and how I can see which posts I read already.

Comment

Gabriele

As for seeing which posts you've read: I like the hybrid listing; it displays a "tree" with read posts in blue and new posts in orange, followed by the actual posts. So, I know to scroll down to the last two, for instance. But, they give us about four methods for displaying posts, so we can each find what suits our own ways of doing things. I just discovered "signatures."

Comment

You can paint my house too. It is only 103 today in Phoenix (Last week it was 114).

Gary

Comment

dont paint in Phoenix

Gary:
                I was visiting my daughter in Gilbert a couple weeks ago and the three days I was there it hit 115 every day.
                Oh well, the Monsoons have finally arrived and its cooling off. (yeah right).
                Ken
                ken

Comment

Welcome Ken

Ken, it's good to hear from you again. Sorry you didn't know about this Board; I should have sent you a communication. Great that you are on it now.

Been reading about the hot weather there in Arizona. The first few days when we arrived here in mid-Michigan it was hot and humid like in Florida. We have had some thunderstorms and the temperatures are more normal now. Cool nights and not very warm during the day. That's what I remember when we lived here before.

Do you think you might fly to Augusta for the annual workshop in December. We plan to attend for the first time this year. Are you one of the beta testers for the program this year? I think you would be good.

If you are part of the people's militia for goodness sake be careful. It seems the Immigration people are clamping down on the seasonal pickers this year. Growers are afraid that much of their fruit will rot on the trees. You knowMichigan is the last stop for seasonal fruit pickers. Most of them are afraid of coming to Michigan now.

Take care and keep posting.

Comment

Hi Chief

Okay now I'm going to have to get used to the "Chief". I wondered where Bob was last Sunday when I got on the quickfinder board. You were generally the first to post every Sunday morning.Nice to hear from you.
                    Ken
                    ken

Comment

Working...
                    X