Form 8332

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8332

I forgot if form 8453 still has to be mailed in when form 8332 is used?

Hope all is going well for everyone.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Yes, that is one of the check boxes on 8453 again this year.
    JG

Comment

Form 8332

Did I miss something? I thought they didn't want the 8453 anymore and that we were supposed to attach the docs directly to it and keep them in our file? If used doesn't the 8332 have to be attached and sent with the return. Must research this again.
      Last edited by taxea; 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: more info
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Form 8332

On the form 8453 there is a list of the forms that has to be sent in with the 8453.
        We do not get the 8453 signed anymore. If the 8453 is used it has to be sent in with proper forms attached.

Comment

IF you efile

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          Did I miss something? I thought they didn't want the 8453 anymore and that we were supposed to attach the docs directly to it and keep them in our file? If used doesn't the 8332 have to be attached and sent with the return. Must research this again.
          the return that requires a 8332 then you must send the 8332 with the 8453 within a few days. The efiled return will have a marker in it to expect the 8453 if it was prepared correctly. IF you mail in the return then just send the 8332 or equivalent with the return.
          As stated above, there are several boxes on the 8453 that indicate what must be sent with the 8453.
          AJ, EA

Comment

Form 8332

Thanks for the info I will check the forms. Although, I just don't understand why anyone would do an 8453 when they can do a pin.

Comment

See

You might want to read the instructions for Form 8453 and certain documents that will have to be transmitted via the Form 8453.

I will assist you by posting the link to the form and instructions http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8453.pdf

Sandy

Comment

No longer

Thanks for the info I will check the forms. Although, I just don't understand why anyone would do an 8453 when they can do a pin.
                the purpose of the form. The signatures are on the 8879. The 8453 is not signed by anyone. It is just a form that tells the person at the receiving end that the attached information must be matched to an efiled return. An 8332 , for example, does not have enough information on it to identify the return that it applies to.
                AJ, EA

Comment

Thanks Sandy and AJ....like we don't have enough new rules to deal with this year!

Comment

Thanks Sandy and AJ....like we don't have enough new rules to deal with this year!
                    Actually this was new two years ago. It just didn't get noticed, I think a lot of people read the "8453 is no longer used as a signature document" notice however the IRS said it and assumed that meant that the 8453 was no longer used. In fact, 2007, 2008, and now 2009 tax years it has been used to send in the required documents like the 8332, attached d-1's, etc...

Combine that with the fact that the IRS seems to have trouble with keeping track of the forms they receive themselves and the fact many have filed returns that should have mailed an 8453 but did not just didn't get noticed. I even read somewhere the reason the 5405 can't be efiled this year is because the IRS isn't confident in their own ability to manage the 8453 w/HUD-1(or other docs) if the docs don't come with the tax return.

Comment

... I even read somewhere the reason the 5405 can't be efiled this year is because the IRS isn't confident in their own ability to manage the 8453 w/HUD-1(or other docs) if the docs don't come with the tax return.
                      An e-filed return that requires an attachment on an 8453 is processed as soon as the e-file is received. The IRS has never delayed the processing to wait for the paperwork to be received. So after the TIGTA report to Congress on the large amount of money that was paid out on inappropriate 5405 claims, waiting to see the settlement papers before sending out $8,000 of 'free money' seems to be a prudent move.

Remember the last scene from the original Indiana Jones movie? Where the Ark of the Covenant is stored somewhere is a vast, endless government warehouse? That was actually the 8453 storage area in Austin.

Comment

Working...
                      X