Employer ID Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer ID Number

Does anyone know if there is a site or phone number to call to obtain the EIN for a company. I have a couple of w-2s from a client where these numbers are unreadable. The client is unable to get the number from the company and will have to request a new W-2. I was hoping there was a quicker way from a master list somewhere.
    Thanks for your help
    Bill

master list

Considering all the similar names and doing-business-as and subsidieries and mergers, I can't imagine a master list that would be faster than phoning the company's personnel office.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen
      Considering all the similar names and doing-business-as and subsidieries and mergers, I can't imagine a master list that would be faster than phoning the company's personnel office.
      *lmao* that would depend upon which company you are dealing with.

The only place that I know that would have all EINs is the IRS. They don't seem to want to give out that info.

Comment

EIN sources

Might try this: http://www.freeerisa.com/

About midway down the page is an "EIN finder - (3 free searches)" under the Free reference databases.
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

EIN Sources

For Florida Corporations you can look up names at sunbiz.org. Just type in the name and the Corp info just pops up.Many clients do not have the ein for their child care providers and that;s where I usually get.Maybe your state has an address
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
          X