energy credit for light bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

energy credit for light bulbs

I have seen advertisements on TV that the purchase of a small circular twisted florescent
    light bulb qualifies for the new energy tax credit. I can NOT find this in the list of items
    which qualify on the internet. Does anyone know where a reference to this can be found ?

Such is not reflected in Quickfinder Tax Tips Newsletter of June 2009
    which has a chart outlining the various categories covered.

Comment

Try this: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...rebate_locator It will let you know if there is any kind of a rebate.

Depending on where you live there may be a credit so you want to Google for your state/county/city. This link also is good because it addresses just about every kind of energy star purchase there is.
      Last edited by tilt53; 10-02-2009, 03:49 PM. Reason: clarification
      Sandy >^..^<

Comment

I have seen advertisements on TV that the purchase of a small circular twisted florescent light bulb qualifies for the new energy tax credit. I can NOT find this in the list of items which qualify on the internet. Does anyone know where a reference to this can be found ?
        I saw the ad also. The TV ad (and the corresponding print version) shows a variety of energy conservation products, some of which qualify for the tax credit. They mention the tax credit between the light bulbs and something that actually does qualify. Even their website has a pitch for the light bulbs on the tax credit page - but if you look closely the bulbs are under the heading "Check out other ways to cut back on your energy bills". The page directs you to the energystar.gov site (and your tax preparer) for further details.

Comment

Working...
        X