cp-403 on 5500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cp-403 on 5500

Received a notice from IRS stating the DOL did not receive form 5500 for 2006. This form was prepared and mailed by the due date but we have no receipt of mailing. We responded to the letter sending in a copy of 5500 and stating that we originally mailed by 7-15-07. New notice comes and says we were late and if we don't have an extension they will assess a $15,000 penalty. Anybody have any good correspondence to this type of letter?

got 5500

letter with ridiculous "penalty" also - I sent reply ("grovelling") explaining that return WAS filed on time, taxpayer was NOT trying to evade tax and replied to FIRST letter as soon as it was received AND that penalty of that amount would creat "undue hardship" on taxpayer.... In my case it worked, GOOD LUCK!

Comment

My Experience

This happened to me a few years ago. I told them I sent the return in on time and here was a copy to repalce the one they lost. I never heard from them again.
      If you are going to an IRS Tax Forum you could get it fixed there. If not you need to go to the Taxpayer Advocate I would think.

Comment

Working...
      X