Hrb Selling Offices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrb Selling Offices

Heard a rumor today about HRB looking to sell corporate offices or whole districts as franchises. Has any else heard anything about this?

Will ask around

Haven't heard anything. However, HRB's strategy lately has been to own offices in more densely populated areas and to franchise in less densely populated areas. So, they very well might be divesting themselves of some areas with far-flung offices. They do have a newer structure overseeing franchises, so investigate thoroughly if you're thinking of buying an office or a district. You might find you'll be more tied to corporate than in the past. I'll ask my HRB friends at July's CtSEA meeting.

Comment

Franchising

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      You might find you'll be more tied to corporate than in the past.
      I looked into franchising once with a nationwide firm (Not HRB). There were so many ways they wanted your hands tied, but wanted YOU to take all the risk and invest in all the overhead. Furthermore, they did not have national name-recognition and you had to market for them as well.

Wanted to call all the shots, just as if you were their employee, but gave you NONE of the benefits of being an employee. Wanted you to take all the risks as if you were self-employed but did not want to give you a free hand to run your own shop.

Comment

Working...
      X