NYS W-2 allocation for Non-Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYS W-2 allocation for Non-Residents

This subject comes up very frequently because NY has a peculiar payroll reporting rule that requires employers to report 100% Federal taxable wages to New York - then it's the employee's obligation to make the allocation on a separate schedule to bring the taxable amount down.

So (before I lose these links) I have linked below two important reference sources for you folks to refer to I hope will help.

Last edited by Uncle Sam; 06-20-2009, 05:20 PM.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Thank you

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    This subject comes up very frequently because NY has a peculiar payroll reporting rule that requires employers to report 100% Federal taxable wages to New York - then it's the employee's obligation to make the allocation on a separate schedule to bring the taxable amount down.

So (before I lose these links) I have linked below two important reference sources for you folks to refer to I hope will help.

http://www.tax.state.ny.us/pdf/memos/income/m9_5i.pdf
    I had a NY non-resident client last year -- he had three different W2s from different states, and NY's did not make sense, until I sat down and did a little thinking about his circumstances.

Appreciate the link -- incidentally, the second link went nowhere, do you have a different url?
    Just because I look dumb does not mean I am not.

Comment

Working...
    X