Electric Vehicle Tax Credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Vehicle Tax Credit?

Are there any credits available for 2008 for an electric powered street legal golf cart? It reaches 40mph and the dealer "assured" my client it qualified for a tax credit. I've done a lot of research and have found nothing that would indicate there is a tax credit available.

Originally posted by bpmcpa View Post
    Are there any credits available for 2008 for an electric powered street legal golf cart? It reaches 40mph and the dealer "assured" my client it qualified for a tax credit. I've done a lot of research and have found nothing that would indicate there is a tax credit available.
    There is an electric vehicle tax credit, but last I heard there have been no vehicles certified as eligible. It's just like the hybrids, they have to be certified as meeting the standards. And no 'street legal' golf cart is going to qualify. I doubt he has a standard state vehicle registration for it, it won't meet safety laws. Some golf carts are allowed to operate from the course to home on limited public streets but that doesn't make them 'street legal' like automobiles or pickups.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Golf Cart

Well maybe it is not effective until 2009

https://Plug-in Electric Vehicle Cre...ped at $2,500.

Maybe check your taxpayer's State Credits

Sandy
      Last edited by S T; 03-29-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X