Disability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability

My Client Has A Disability W2, He Says It Is Not Taxable And Not To Use It On His Return.
    It Has Federal And State Held Out. Can I Do This And Leave It Off His Return? Every Year He Gets It And Not Files It.

Thank You

Who paid the premiums on the disability policy?

Comment

Withholding

If it has withholding, I think you have to enter it and show non taxable if T/p paid for coverage. T/P should receive a possible refund of withholding.

Comment

disability W-2

Is this a W-2 or 1099?
        I have never heard of a disability W-2. And if its not taxable, why did they withold fed and state tax.
        The whole thing does'nt make sense to me.
        ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
          Is this a W-2 or 1099?
          I have never heard of a disability W-2. And if its not taxable, why did they withold fed and state tax.
          The whole thing does'nt make sense to me.
          Yes, it is a W2 from Metlife and yes it does have fed and state held out.

Comment

Disability Income

Disability income is usually reported on 1099r with code 3 in box 7. If it is a w2 then there should be a code in box 14. eg code j which is sick pay and shows the employee's contribution..If there is an amount in box 1 you need to show it on the return as taxable income. Maybe the IRS have not picked up on t he previous years yet but they will in due course.
            Report it as taxable income

West

Comment

disability

If it is a w-2 and it has fed and state tax taken out, I'm going to report it on line 7. Plain and simple.
              ken

Comment

Walks like a duck

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ITS A DUCK.
                If its a W-2 its a W2. It is to be reported on the tax return or get a corrected one.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck ITS A DUCK.
                  If its a W-2 its a W2. It is to be reported on the tax return or get a corrected one.
                  Thank you all for your input, never had one before.

Comment

Working...
                  X