Restricted stock sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricted stock sale

I have an email attachment from a large company that is a spreadsheet that looks like a child put together regarding restricted stock. This is not making sense to me, whatsoever, due to my ignorance of the subject. I've researched, but cannot find out how to report on a return.

Question is how to report. Are there any keywords I can look for on this s/s that will help me in reporting this properly? If so, can you take a minute to put together a quick example for me to follow in reporting?

I would appreciate any help!

D

was the restricted stock part of an ESPP? Is there a 1099-B? Was anything reported through the W-2?

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
      I have an email attachment from a large company that is a spreadsheet that looks like a child put together regarding restricted stock. This is not making sense to me, whatsoever, due to my ignorance of the subject. I've researched, but cannot find out how to report on a return.

Question is how to report. Are there any keywords I can look for on this s/s that will help me in reporting this properly? If so, can you take a minute to put together a quick example for me to follow in reporting?

I would appreciate any help!

D
      Try here, pub 525.

Comment

JCH and BP

Sorry I'm just getting back to the board.

I will take a look at that pub shortly. Over the course of 3 years, amounts have been included in income, but without any code. On the s/s I am looking at, it shows vesting dates, # of shs kept back to pay taxes, etc and there is a 1099-B. Client is looking up to see if he made an 83b election. He remembers signing something, but does not remember what.

Need anything else?

D

Comment

Pub

Originally posted by BP. View Post
          BP,

Thank you for pointing me towards this pub. I believe I'll be OK and will be able to report properly now.

Thanks again,

D

Comment

Working...
          X