Exempt Vehicles Not Subect to $25,000 Limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exempt Vehicles Not Subect to $25,000 Limitation

I’m trying to figure out if the Chevrolet Avalanche meets the criteria for not being subject to the $25,000 Section 179 limitation.

One of the requirements is: Equipped with a cargo area of at least 6 feet in interior length which is an open area or is designed for use as an open area but is enclosed by a cap and is not readily accessible from the passenger compartment.

Here is a partial description of the Avalanche.

Avalanche replaces the rear cargo area with an open pickup bed. The key to its multipurpose nature is the innovative Midgate system that allows the partition between the cab and the truck bed to be completely removed. This extends the length of the load floor from about 5 feet to a tad over 8 feet in just a couple of minutes without hand tools.

The problem that I’m having with the description is that it looks like the cargo area is readily accessible from the passenger compartment. (which if I’m reading this right-would disqualify the vehicle). If you click on this web site: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/chev.....3.Chevrolet*
    you can see a picture of the cargo area.

Does anyone know of a web site that list all the trucks and SUV that are Exempt from the $25,000 Section 179 Limitation?

Exception

Sounds like the usual cargo bed is only 5 feet. You get 8 feet only by entering the cab. With that configuration, you run into the connection between passenger & cargo area problem. Doesn't sound like it merits an exception to the $25,000 limit. But, hope someone has seen a list of IRS approved exceptions....

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lion, that the way I see it.

Comment

Working...
      X