FORM 941X or form 941c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORM 941X or form 941c

Question is which form to use under the following situation?

If one finds in January 2009 that an error was made after filing and paying their 3rd Qtr 2008 form 941 - which form FORM 941X or form 941c should be filed?

thanks in advance
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

941-X use for anything after Jan. 1, 2009. So if the error was found in Jan., use the 941-X.

I read this in "SSA/IRS REPORTER" that is mailed with the 941 forms each quarter. If you are lucky enough to have a client receive a form.

Comment

941x

Please remember - that W-2c and W-3c need to be prepared as well.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

date of error

Originally posted by wv112 View Post
        941-X use for anything after Jan. 1, 2009. So if the error was found in Jan., use the 941-X.

I read this in "SSA/IRS REPORTER" that is mailed with the 941 forms each quarter. If you are lucky enough to have a client receive a form.

Thanks for the response.

Did it say if it was a 2008 error found in 2009 or does it have to be a 2009 error found in 2009?

Also, not lucky to get the "SSA/IRS REPORTER" any more

thanks in advance
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

They stopped mailing it. But you can sign up to get it through email.

Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Wow, thanks Sandy. I didnt know you could sign up. I only had one client receive a form in Jan. I read about the new rules Sunday night in that pub. That' a good way of keeping up with all the new changes that keep throwing our way.

the "X" forms are to be used for any errors in any year, starting Jan. 1, 2009.

Easier to use then the 941-C. One good thing they did. Print out one at irs.gov and check it out. "

They have 941-X, 943-X, 044-X, 945-X, and CT-1-X . Each stand alone form will correspond to, and relate line-by-line with, the employment tax return it is correcting."
            Last edited by wv112; 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Just did one and used the IRS download since software does not have it yet. However, I could not find a voucher for payment related to 941-X. Is there such a form?

Comment

No voucher, so my client just mailed in a check with the form name and federal id number listed on his check.

Comment

Reading through the instructions, it sounds like you just submit your payment with the 941X. Page 8

Sandy >^..^<

Comment

Working...
                  X