Schedule A sales tax deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule A sales tax deduction

Does the sales tax on a large lawn tractor (non business) qualify to be added to the chart amount under the specified items definition? Also, does the sales tax on a recreational trailer (pull behind) qualify to be added to the chart amount under the specified items definition?

schA deduction

I feel the sales tax deduction amount is based on average purchases based on the income reported. I would not have a problem with adding the tax on larger items purchased as you noted.
    Bill

Comment

No

Originally posted by Billy Joe Tom Bob
      Does the sales tax on a large lawn tractor (non business) qualify to be added to the chart amount under the specified items definition? Also, does the sales tax on a recreational trailer (pull behind) qualify to be added to the chart amount under the specified items definition?
      Large lawn tractor -- the riding lawn mower variety? I wouldn't add this to the chart amount. The examples on page A-5 instructions for Sch A talk about "motor vehicle (including a car, motorcycle, motor home, recreation vehicle..." -- I don't think the large lawn tractor is in the same league.

Pull behind recreational trailer -- again, I would say no, not addable to the chart amount.

But, perhaps these items, plus their other expenses would exceed the chart amount...

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X