Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Scam Call

Voicemail from (347) 430-5906
    "Hours and once it get expired after that you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment. We would request you to get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you. The number to reach us is 347-430-5906. I repeat 347-430-5906. Thank you."

This is a transcript of the crooks calling taxpayers today to scam them! I already received 3 clients calling me upset!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
    Voicemail from (347) 430-5906
    "Hours and once it get expired after that you will be taken under custody by the local cops as there are four serious allegations pressed on your name at this moment. We would request you to get back to us so that we can discuss about this case before taking any legal action against you. The number to reach us is 347-430-5906. I repeat 347-430-5906. Thank you."

This is a transcript of the crooks calling taxpayers today to scam them! I already received 3 clients calling me upset!
    Consider sending the one page IRS letter about the scams you mention to inform your clients how to handle.
    Last edited by TAXNJ; 04-16-2018, 11:40 AM.
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

I received that exact call myself. Maybe on my business line. Semi-retired hubby likes to talk to them when he has time, lead them on so they can't reach a potential victim during the minutes he is able to keep them on the phone.

Comment

I don't have the time to mess with them otherwise I would call up and see how far they get with me!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404
          And the worst thing you can do is to answer / talk. Such gives them a firm indication that the telephone number is "real."
          They don't care if your number is "real" or not, it costs them next to nothing to dial it over and over. I like the prior suggestion (from Lion, if I recall) to engage a live human and waste their time if you can. So, it's not the worst thing you can do to answer the call. It is good if you can waste their time just a little, since of course your time is more valuable overall. You would be doing a community service.
          "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Originally posted by TAXNJ View Post
            Consider sending the one page IRS letter about the scams you mention to inform your clients how to handle.
            Also, report it to the IRS or tell each TP that received it to report it to IRS Fraud division.
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
            X