Is IRS bringing back CPE webinars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is IRS bringing back CPE webinars?

I just received an email and it says that its good for 1 CPE.

Paper or electronic – get on the right page during the FREE one-hour webinar…

Topic: Better Business through Better Records

Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Time: 11:00 a.m. (Pacific); Noon (Mountain); 1:00 p.m. (Central); 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)

Highlights of What's Covered:
    •Why it’s important to keep good business records
    •What kinds of records to keep and how long to keep them
    •Employment tax records
    •Electronic recordkeeping
    •…Plus a live Q&A session

CPE: Earn One CE Credit – Category: Federal Tax

Information & Registration:

Click on the following link to register:

Please share this with your members, staff, colleagues and anyone who may benefit from this information.

Webinar Support Team

Small Business/Self-Employed

See what you can learn today -- or if today’s not good for you, then tomorrow -- take advantage of the IRS Video Portal

Great that IRS is being proactive to give unenrolled tax preparers an opportunity to get CPE credits for 2015 tax season.
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Yes, CE credit for free on some IRS webinars once again. I picked up two hours of Ethics a week or two ago. Received the certificate and all. During the webinar they actually had a slide/info explaining that CE credit is once again available and to be sure to enter your PTIN when you register for the webinars.

Comment

Do you have the link to register at?

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
        Yes, CE credit for free on some IRS webinars once again. I picked up two hours of Ethics a week or two ago. Received the certificate and all. During the webinar they actually had a slide/info explaining that CE credit is once again available and to be sure to enter your PTIN when you register for the webinars.
        Dave, I don't recall receiving an email on that IRS sponsored 2 hour ethics webinar. Do you have the link to register at?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Dave, I don't recall receiving an email on that IRS sponsored 2 hour ethics webinar. Do you have the link to register at?

It was June 25th though so I don't think you can get the CE credit now?

Comment

From SBSE.webinars@IRS.gov?

Originally posted by David1980 View Post
            http://www.visualwebcaster.com/IRS/99089/event.html

It was June 25th though so I don't think you can get the CE credit now?
            Dave, when you receive emails for the IRS sponsored Webinars, does it have "SBSE Webinars" or from "SBSE.webinars@IRS.gov"?

Comment

sbse.webinars@irs.gov - I got an email from them about the 1 hour "Better Business through Better Records" webinar. The Ethics one was listed as an upcoming event in an email from Thompson Gregory A [Gregory.A.Thompson@irs.gov] - did not receive anything from sbse.webinars on that one. Though it's possible I wasn't on that specific mailing list until after registering for the ethics webinar, I don't know. Gregory Thompson is some kind of IRS Liaison for Washington state.

Comment

Working...
              X