Renew PTIn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renew PTIn

I want to renew my PTIN, but I am stuck on this page.

Whether I click "renew or sign up now", "login now" or "Access PTIN Account", it keeps bringing me back to this same page.

Is there another link on that page that I should click in order to go to the login page?

Contact IRS button

Click the Contact IRS button.

Comment

Or give them 24-48 hours to strighten out the bugs, then try again. You still have 15 days to get it done.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

PTIN Renewal

All three links are working for me...

They all take me to this page:

Try the link above and see if it works.

You may need to clear the cookies and cache from your browser.

BMK
        Burton M. Koss
        koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Please Help. I am having problems also

I can get to the link Koss listed, although it takes a long time for page to come up.
          On the right hand side, under "Returning Users" I enter user id and password.
          Click on button that says "Log on."
          And I wait and wait and wait, and then the original page pops up again telling me to log on.

I also tried to tell it I forgot my password and went through my secret question. But then a window popped up telling me there was a proxy server time out.

Not Easy couldn't renew on 12/16/11
          I can't renew on 12/20/11
          Four day later. 11 days lleft to renew. Any one have any other suggestions?

Comment

Halleluia! PTIN renewed

After 3 hours online, a phone call to Practioner hotline phone number which was of no help, and an email to David Williams (IRS man in charge of PTIN department), I was getting nowhere on a slow train.

I was getting ready to shut down my computer when I noticed it said I needed a "java" update. Thinking maybe my computer wasn't speaking to the IRS computer in correct and acceptable words, I thought what the heck. So I downloaded the JAVA update, shot up a prayer. And tried the IRS portal for PTIN renewal one last time. And could not believe my eyes! The pages opened quickly. My logon worked like it was on a fast train . . . . and . . .

I am renewed! Hope this works for you too. If not, call David Williams at 202-622-7990 or email him at
            David.R.Williams@irs.gov

sandigi

Comment

Working...
            X